Electronic Records & Automation Review
Capturing the Advantages of Automation
In the race toward paperless records, today’s colleges and universities struggle to manage growing pains along with evolving technology requirements. To remain agile, adaptable and responsive to students’ needs, institutions are striving to embrace electronic data exchange solutions such as eTranscripts while automating their records process. This transition often comes with significant challenges.
To help institutions capture the advantages of automation, AACRAO Consulting offers an in-depth Electronic Records and Automation Review aimed at identifying technology gaps as well as a clear path to fully electronic, automated record management processes. As part of your review, we’ll examine your current processes for acquiring, storing and maintaining electronic records. We'll also take a close look at how you’re currently managing access to electronic records for students and campus constituents.
For institutions who have not yet embraced electronic records, our review will facilitate an efficient move to more efficient, accurate and cost-effective automated processes, including technology recommendations.
Transitioning to eTranscripts
In today’s higher education environment, nearly every aspect of registration, administration and attendance is predominantly completed online. Despite demonstrated cost savings, however, many institutions have not yet adopted solutions that enable the electronic exchange of student records. If your institution is still struggling with the inefficiencies and inaccuracies of paper transcripts, AACRAO Consulting’s Electronic Records and Automation Review will help you create a plan for embracing and leveraging eTranscripts for great efficiencies, accuracies, response times, and savings.
What to Expect
To assess the need for electronic transcripts, a 2014 survey report by AACRAO, the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO), and Parchment, Inc. recommends that institutions take the following actions:
- Conduct a cost analysis to make a business case for either adopting or increasing the use of eTranscripts
- If applicable, examine the reason for the continued predominance of paper transcripts, and seek solutions for reducing the volume of paper transcripts
- Seek agreements with transfer partner institutions to implement an eTranscript solution that helps reduce the percentage of paper transcripts
- Fully implement all available technology to support transcript data processing automation for admissions decisions/processing, transfer articulation, and, if applicable, scholarship processing
AACRAO Consulting’s Electronic Records and Automation Review will help you complete these activities and pave the way for a smooth transition to eTranscripts.
Deliverables and Outcome
Based on the findings of our Electronic Records and Automation Review, AACRAO Consulting will work with you to develop and implements a plan for moving to paperless transcripts, both incoming and outgoing. As part of this plan, we will outline processes and timelines for automating record functions including petitions, graduation applications, and transfer credit reviews.
These electronic records remain instantly available and accessible throughout the lifecycle of the student, from acceptance to articulation to graduation and beyond. You’ll be able to quickly and cost-effectively respond to student record requests, as well as to requests from employers and other institutions.
Who Benefits from an Electronic Records and Automation Review?
If any of the following goals and challenges apply to your institution, you may benefit from a comprehensive Electronic Records and Automation Review with AACRAO Consulting:
- You wish to drive efficiencies and cost savings by transitioning to fully electronic transcripts
- You struggle with outdated records management policies and procedures that consume valuable staff resources
- You want to use technology more efficiently to manage academic records
- You need to improve response rates for students requesting their records, status and information
Typically, our Electronic Records and Automation Reviews are completed in collaboration with the following institutions and leaders:
- Institutions in areas where secondary or post-secondary systems are adopting eTranscript standards
- Institutional personnel tasked with preparing the institution for the future, including:
- Admissions Director
- Chief Enrollment Management Officer
- Chief Academic Officer/Provost
- Chief Student Affairs officer
- Chief Information Technology Officer
Find out how our Electronic Records and Automation Review can help you transition smoothly to paperless records, greater efficiencies and faster response times.